Greens Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Untitled


A depressing, heavy, sick, rejected, dying, bruised, and battered feeling. The heart of a young girl bursting with the weight of the cruel world around her. The world that she turned to for comfort when she needed it. No one would help her or listen to her. Her heart and soul was falling apart bit by bit and I had not done anything to help.
She felt alone, although there were people all around her. She felt as if there was no one to talk, that she had no true friends. She talked to God, the only one who seemed to understand and take the time to listen to her. More often than not, her emotions were bundled up inside. After all the sadness, she still had a glimmer of hope for her life. It has to get better, she would tell herself. She looked at me when all seemed lost and I could always see a glimmer of hope, but as I looked harder, it began to fade quickly, rapidly as if I were the only hope she had and I abandoned her. But that’s not the way it was. I tried to help her. I tried to reach out to her, but she refused. We had problems.
She knew she was young and that she didn’t know much about the world. Then again, she felt as if she have seen everything and knew the world could be cruel and heartless. We didn’t help any to make her change her mind. I know she heard us in the halls rambling on about her and how everything about her was wrong. Yes, I admit I did that, but that was before I got to know her. We gave but took so much away. In her eyes, this the beginning of the end.


1 comment:

liiza said...

wow just beautiful. d words and everything. really touching.